My Photo
Name:
Location: Greenfield, OH, United States

I am newly retired! We shall see how the freedom suits me, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I will get along just fine! The stacks of books to be read, and the mountains of fabric to be turned into quilts will keep me quite busy - and happy.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Unsettled

I don't know what has come over me lately. It almost seems as though I am dazed and confused. This is the way teenagers feel when they are on the cusp of adulthood. It feels as if there's something on the horizon that is waiting for me to find it. It feels like inertia - there's something just around the next corner that will be waiting for me when I make the right move. With a year of teaching to go before retirement, perhaps some of this uncertainty stems from that great unknown called retirement. If I could just put my finger on whatever it is I'm waiting on. The unknown is beginning to bug me; it gnaws and gnaws on my thoughts.

When I listen to really good song lyrics, I get the incredible urge to write. I am so amazed at some of the lyrics I have been listening to lately. I wish I could have said those things myself, but these writers have done it so perfectly! I suppose if I am to begin writing, I will actually have to put some effort into it. These blogs will not cut it. There is no creativity here; just introspection and reflection. If only I could write creatively. I would like to capture scenes, characters and emotions so realistically that they become memorable to readers. Maybe there is a future in writing for me. I get the same feeling lately, with poetry and fiction and non-fiction, as well.

The two singers I have been listening to lately are Sara Bareilles and Corinne Bailey Rae. Their songs are incredible. The lyrics are so thoughtfully written and the tunes are exceptionally appealing. They just cry out to be sung along with on the computer or ipod.

Perhaps when school is out, I will make a concerted effort to write. The journals I do at school are just another form of this blog material. I will need to focus my energies on tackling something more substantial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home